“Olympic Peninsula Exposure”
A photo contest of Olympic Proportions
Terms, Conditions and Rules (the "Rules") for “Olympic Peninsula Exposure” photo contest (the "Promotion")
This Promotion is governed by the laws of Arizona, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Arizona. You are not authorized to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the United States.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS PROMOTION IS OPEN ONLY TO NATURAL PERSONS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. ENTRY IN THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL PRIZES AWARDED STRICTLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES.
1. ELIGIBILITY: “Olympic Photo Contest 2012” (the “Promotion”) is open only to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty United States and District of Columbia and are 18 years of age or older as of July 26, 2012. The Promotion may only be entered from and in eligible jurisdictions. All employees of ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment Services, LLC d/b/a ARAMARK Parks and Destinations (the “Administrator” and "Sponsor"), and its respective parent company or organization, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, manufacturers, licensees and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings grandparents, and their respective spouses) and persons living in the same household of such individuals, are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. Individuals who derive 20% or more of their income from taking photographs are also ineligible. All applicable federal, state, municipal, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to comply with and be bound by the Rules, which are final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with the Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion runs between 9:00 a.m. P.D.T on July 26, 2012 and 9:00 a.m. P.D.T. on August 17, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period consists of the two (2) phases (each, a "Phase", together, the "Phases") as set forth in the chart below:
Starts at 9:00 a.m. PDT
Ends at 9:00 a.m. PDT
July 26, 2012
August 6, 2012
August 6, 2012
August 17, 2012
Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
Online: During the Submission Phase, visit www.facebook.com/olympicnationalpark and click on the tab to the Photo Contest. You may submit up to three (3) Entries (defined below) during the Submission Phase. You will be asked to provide basic contact information, including your name, age, email address and/or telephone number. Contestants must be the registered subscriber of the email account from which the Entry is made. The photographs must be taken in Olympic National Park or Olympic National Forest. You must indicate where the photo was taken (as defined below in Section 4). Entries must be submitted by 8:59 a.m. PDT on August 6, 2012 to be eligible (the “Submission Phase”).
For purposes of the Rules, the word “Contestant” shall refer to the individual submitting an Entry during the Submission Phase. The word “Contestants” shall collectively refer to all individuals submitting Entries during the Submission Phase. By entering, Contestants represent and warrant that the Entries that they submit
- Are their own original creations;
- Are not taken by another family member;
- Do not infringe any other person’s or entity’s rights; and
- Have not been submitted previously in a contest of any kind.
Limit: Each Contestant may enter up to three (3) Entries during the Submission Phase. Multiple Contestants are not permitted to share the same email address, regardless of method of entry. Any attempt by any Contestant to obtain more than three Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Contestant’s Entries and that Contestant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Contestant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All Entries submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, delayed, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, corrupted, misdirected or postage-due Entries, which will be disqualified.
4. PHOTO GUIDELINES:
All photographs must be taken within Olympic National Park or Olympic National Forest. Photos not taken in Olympic National Park or Olympic National Forest do not qualify. Please be sure to accurately label your Entry per the following examples:
- Image: Lake Crescent Kayaking
Location: Lake Crescent
- Image: Rainforest
Location: Quinault Rainforest
Photographs must be submitted in .jpg format. No alteration or manipulation of photographs is permitted except for cropping, red eye removal, and/or adjustment of contrast and brightness. Photographs that are inappropriate, indecent or obscene, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. By submitting your Entry, you agree that the photograph conforms to the guidelines and content restrictions set forth above.
Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Photographs taken by someone other than you but submitted by you will be disqualified. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted. Your submission of each photograph is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of such photograph. In addition, by entering, Contestants represent and warrant that the Entry they submit (i) does not infringe any other person’s or entity’s rights; and (ii) has not been submitted previously in a contest or promotion of any kind.
Contestant retains the copyright to his or her photograph, and all rights thereto, except as follows. Contestant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to the photograph. Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt and publish the description and/or photograph submitted (together or singularly, the “Entry”), and may use the Entry in any media in association with the Promotion and/or the promotion of Sponsor’s business without compensation to the Contestant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity. By entering the Promotion, Contestant agrees to have his or her Entry used and displayed, either singularly or in combination with other Entries and in any size, on social media, and print materials of Sponsor without any fee or other form of compensation due at any time for so long as desired by Sponsor. Credits, descriptions or titles, if any, used with the photos are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that ownership of any Entry submitted is challenged in any manner by any person, Sponsor may disqualify that Entry and discontinue use of the photograph.
5. WINNER DETERMINATION: Winners will be determined via the process set forth below. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received and the number of votes registered.
a. The Promotion:
(i) Submission Phase: During this period users may submit up to three (3) photos on the Photo contest tab on The Lodges of Olympic National Park and Forest Facebook page (www.facebook.com/olympicnationalpark). Once the Submission Phase closes, all valid Entries will be included in the Voting Phase of the contest.
(ii) Voting Phase: During the Voting Phase, all valid Entries will be listed on the Photo Contest tab on The Lodges of Olympic National Park and Forest Facebook page (www.facebook.com/olympicnationalpark). Facebook users will be encouraged to vote for their favorite entry by clicking the “like” button next to the picture within the Photo Contest application. Users may vote for one (1) photo per day during the Voting Phase. Users are encouraged to solicit their friends to vote for their favorite photo.
(iii) Winner Selection: Sponsor, whose decisions regarding the Promotion and related matters are final and binding, will select the top five (5) photos that have received the most “likes” during the Voting Phase as winners. The photo that received the most “likes” will receive the Grand Prize (as defined below in Section 7). The photo with the second most “likes” will receive the First Runner Up Prize. The photo with the third most “likes” will receive the Second Runner Up Prize. The photo with the fourth most “likes” will receive the Third Runner Up Prize. The photo with the fifth most “likes” will receive the Fourth Runner Up Prize.
Winners will be notified via email on or about August 17, 2012. Winners must comply with the Rules and meet all eligibility requirements. In the event of a tie for any prize, the Sponsor will serve as the final judge and award the prize based on originality and creativity of the photos.
Each winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of prize notification. If the winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects the prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining eligible Entries. If a prize is forfeited, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per household. Only three (3) alternate winners will be selected after which the prize will remain unawarded. All judging decisions are final.
6. CONDITIONS: By participating, Contestant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if the Promotion cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or acts of terrorism.
All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned under any circumstances. In the event of a dispute, an Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry.
If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of proceeding as planned, including due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error, or any other causes that affect the security or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
Sponsor is not responsible for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications failure; loss, theft or destruction of Entries; unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries; any technical malfunction or problem with any telephone network or lines, computer or online systems, computer equipment or software; failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by Sponsor (including due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website); or any injury or damage to Contestant’s or any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Promotion.
Sponsor may prohibit a Contestant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that the Contestant is attempting or likely to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, including by cheating, hacking, deception, use of automated quick entry programs or other unfair playing practices, or intends or is likely to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other Contestants or Sponsor’s representatives.
Caution: Any attempt by a Contestant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may violate criminal or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from that person to the fullest extent permitted by law, in addition to any other legal and/or equitable remedies that are or may be available.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Lake Quinault Photography Workshop package including meals, lodging, etc. Approximate Retail Value = $806. 00
FIRST RUNNER UP PRIZE: Voucher for dinner for 2 at Lake Crescent Lodge.
Approximate Retail Value = $100.00
SECOND RUNNER UP PRIZE: Four (4) tickets to the mineral pools at Sol Duc Hot Springs.
Approximate Retail Value = $49.00
THIRD RUNNER UP PRIZE: Tent camping spot at Log Cabin Resort Campgrounds and a one (1) hour boat rental. Approximate Retail Value = $40.00
FOURTH RUNNER UP PRIZE: Olympic Peninsula Life is Good gift set.
Approximate Retail Value = $40.00
For all Prizes: Any transportation costs, service charges, meals, beverages, alcoholic beverages, souvenirs, incidentals, gratuities, phone calls, seating upgrades, luggage fees, travel insurance, and any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of each winner. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the prizes. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes is allowed by winner(s), but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are not redeemable by winner for cash value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
9. WINNER LIST: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Promotion end date (listed above) and no later than October 31, 2012.
10. SPONSORS: ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment Services, LLC d/b/a as ARAMARK Parks and Destinations, 2850 E. Camelback Road Suite 240 Phoenix, AZ 85016. ADMINISTRATOR: ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment Services, LLC d/b/a ARAMARK Parks and Destinations, 2850 E. Camelback Road Suite 240 Phoenix, AZ 85016.